Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ski Bum

Tyler's dreams have come true..... Macy loves to ski!! She has actually become quite a litttle ski bum. On New Year's Eve we went skiing to Beaver Mountain along with Tyler's family for "Macy's First Ski Day". Her favorite part of the experience is "riding the lift and skiing down to the Hot Chocolate Center." It's a great bonding experience for father and daughter, she could care less about me being involved. She was the last one up the Little Beaver lift for the day, and she still didn't want to be done.
A few days later we went to the Ogden valley to stay in a Condo with our friends, The Lemons. A big thank you Mike and Mel, it was great fun!!! We all went to Wolf Mountain, formerly Nordic Valley, to ski with the children. It was another great day for Macy, and there were tears once again when it was time to leave.

This is about 3 minutes after getting in the car. Out Cold!!!
Tyler and Macy went skiing again yesterday to Loveland, with our friends the Snapp-Cooks. She is yet to have a bad day skiing. Tyler is ecstatic!!!! No pressure Keaton.

5 comments:

The McCulloughs said...

O my gosh.. those are the smallest skis ever. Cam wanted to take Tag skiing while we were up north and I said he was to little, but well I guess not! She looks so cute. I bet she skiied better than me! Well, I guess that is not that hard. Gotta love it when they play hard and sleep hard! What a fun thing for daddy and daughter to do together! Oh and I love it how the mom in her doll house says she has to go check her blog!! that is seriously the funniest thing I have ever heard! Only in our kids' generation! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just finished reading the things that Macy says, you have inspired me.. I must do that too, because I'm afraid that I will forget all of the things that my kids say that almost make me pee my pants laughing so hard. I love hearing what she has to say, so please keep it up! BTW is Keaton walking yet?? seriously with the way he is going I can imagine him joining you all on the slopes next year.... Ohhhh, princesses on skis! I love watching them gain confidence and get tough! I especially love the way they sleep afterwards, the Barbie in hands is especially priceless. Okay the BEAV? Seriously the memories there, wow, I try to relate them to Bradey but he just does't understand, why someone would wake up and curl their hair prior to a day of skiing is so beyond him.... we gotta 'go there' when we finally get together to chat. Love the post, Macy, you look like a natural, way to make your daddy proud!

Callister said...

Cute pictures!

Melissa said...

Hello Jaque! It's your long lost friend Melissa. Ali hooked me up with your blog. Your kids are so cute. Jayson, and I says the Macy is a cutie with those big blue eyes. She looks a lot like you. It is crazy that you were just her in UT. I so wanted to get the JAMM together over christmas, but everyone is so busy. Better luck next year!! Your ski pictures look so fun, we are planning a trip to Nordic Valley (WM)tomorrow in fact.Who would have ever thought we would all be trying to teach our kids to ski. That makes me feel old!!!! I remember the BEAV days too, those are some of my fondest memories! Macy is 3 and already a ski bum. Way to go! I don't know if my lttle guy could handle it-- he is 2. Well, it is fun to see what is going on with you and your cute little family. I hope to catch up on my eight years of a timewarp(due to living so far away.) You are lucky to have a blog so everyone can keep in touch with you while you are in Colorado. I would love to visit with you, and will keep reading you cute blog. Check out our blog. I put you on my fav list. It is so fun to see all my old friends and thier cute kids!!!!!!!

Janelle said...

You guys have some very fun winters ahead. At the rate Keaton is going, he should easily join you next winter. That will be so much fun for your family!