Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas!!






Well, it is about time I got myself around to writing about our Christmas holiday. You all know how I love slide shows, so I put one of our holiday together. This year we decided to stay in Colorado for Christmas Day. On Christmas Eve we drove around to look at lights, there is one house a little ways away that has the most amazing set up I have ever seen. Seriously, it must take him until June to take it all down and then 2 weeks later he must start setting it up again. He has about 5 electric trains that go all around half the yard and up on his roof, then he has a bunch of display boxes with all kinds of stuff, that's all I can say to describe it is 'Stuff". You get out and walk around through the yard to look at everything. Keaton could have watched the trains all night. Anyway it was a hard act to follow, because after that house Macy thought we should get out and look at EVERY house that had lights. So after answering that question about 10 times we were done. Macy opened her and Keaton's PJ's and posed for the pictures in front of the tree. Keaton was really more interested in chewing on Jasmine as you can see in the pictures. Tyler told the Nativity story and we sang some songs, it was a nice quiet Christmas Eve.

Christmas morning was so much fun!! Macy woke up and told me she had heard Santa's sleigh on the roof. She loved her dollhouse and had been playing with it for about twenty minutes before she even noticed there was more. Tyler and I took that as a good sign. Keaton liked the Jungle Book characters best, which probably contain lead, but we all sucked on lead filled toys and MOST of us turned out okay, right?? Ha, Ha! The rest of the day was pretty relaxed, Keaton had been up most of the night with what we now know was an ear infection, so a lot of napping took place. It was a nice mellow, very WHITE Christmas, (it snowed about 8 inches). It was a great day.

On the 27th we headed to Utah for 10 days. Macy and Keaton were then spoiled by all their grandparents. Macy started to expect presents at every house we went to. It was great to see everyone, but no matter how long we stay we always feel like we didn't get to see enough of everyone. Oh well, I guess that will keep us coming back!! We made it home, and reminded ourselves how bad we hate that drive!!! The kids were amazing though, no complaints there. Now we are home and I am still trying to find places to put EVERYTHING. I have learned that we shouldn't have worried about gifts for Keaton, he was all about the instruction booklets that came with all the stuff, along with Macy's dollhouse. Well, that is our holiday in a nutshell, being that it is now January 11th it is about time. Geez, there is only like, 350 something days left until next year......

3 comments:

The Wells Family said...

What a great Christmas! I agree with the whole travel thing...it stinks with kids. I think this was the last year we are traveling for the official Christmas Day.

The kiddies PJ's were SOOO cute! They sure a cutie pies! You are the best mommy! I love hearing about all the fun things you do with your family!

I am glad that Macy loved her dollhouse. I remember when I got my first Barbie doll house (you know the one that came in three parts with the orange-red roof). I think I slept in it so many nights...it was a bit squishy, but i LOVED it!

Anonymous said...

What a great slideshow, and fun Christmas PJS! okay we got the same lead filled Jungle Book characters at our house too!! We will let you know if any of our kids show signs of disease...okay. I'm glad that you had a nice little 'quiet' Christmas eve with your own little family, sometimes those are the best, right? Sorry about the ear infection, that's a huge bummer, he could've fooled me with his grins in the pictures. As always the kiddos look adorable, and Tyler too!

The McCulloughs said...

Maddie is the same way. All she wanted to do was eat the paper. And she had an ear infection on Christmas too! O What Fun!! So fun to have Christmas at your own house. Cam always wants to do this, but I wonder if it would really feel like Christmas or just another day? Taggart now expects presents every day and he thinks he 'needs' new toys too! I am sure Keaton will be okay, my kids have sucked on their fare share of lead in their lifetimes. I love seeing Keaton sucking on Jasmine... Maddie is usually sucking on a truck or spiderman. How our kids are reversed!! So Funny! Glad you are back and had a good holiday!