Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Mother's Day
I have to say how wonderful it is to have a daughter on Mother's Day. Macy and Tyler went shopping on Saturday, and Macy came in the door carrying a purple geranium and some pansies. She had told Tyler that she needed to get me some pansies and some daffodils. She is a girl who knows what she wants. Macy was so excited that it was Mother's Day. All day she told me over and over "Happy Mother's Day!" and "I love you." At church, she got to go up on the stand and sing (finally, she has been waiting for this moment since she became a sunbeam). Our primary is well.... it is very small, there were a total of about 9 kids on the stand most of whom were 7-8 year old boys and then my little Macy that could barely see over the wall. It was so cute, she was smiling and waving and kind of singing. After they sang there two songs she ran down to me gave me a great big hug and said "Happy Mother's Day!" Tyler and I both had the giggles and watery eyes as we held back the tears. She is such a sweet girl! The rest of the day she made sure that I knew she loved me. We were outside and she said to me, "I love you so much, mom." Jacque: "and Dad too?" Macy: "Yes, on the other days I love you and Dad. Today I just love you because it is Mother's day." Jacque:"Oh, so then on Dad's day you will only love Dad?" Macy: "Yep!" Made sense to me. Needless to say I had a great day! Thanks to my wonderful husband and two beautiful children. I hope all of the rest of you had a great day as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Okay, Macy seems like the sweetest kid ever!! Plus the things she says always crack me up! Seriously she is a mini version of you. I'm so glad that you had a great Mother's Day, it's kinda cool having a day that is completely devoted to our 'coolness'! And, I have to agree, the singing in church thing is hands-down, one of those moments that you never want to forget... Aren't we so darn lucky that we actually have kiddos and get to be Mommies?!! I hope that it is warm enough that you can plant all of those cool flowers that you got.
Sounds like you are a great mom...... what a cutie you have. There is nothing like when the Primary kids sing to their moms. It makes you want to freeze time while your heart takes a picture so you can remember the moment forever! You do a great job a writing your fun memories down. Moments... like your mothers day make being a mom all worth it! You should come to UT and visit!
WOW, Tag didn't even understand mMother's day- you got the ultimate treatment! Macy is seriously the sweetest kid ever! That girl must know her flowers! Mom has taught her well! So glad that you had a special day; you deserve it!
That is such a sweet little story! Yeah, you're totally right about girls on mothers day because my boys didn't even get the fact that they were supposed to remember it was MY day! Sounds like a great mothers day.
Post a Comment