Sunday, September 28, 2008

Peak to Peak

Yesterday, we ventured out into the mountains to see the fall colors. We drove the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway, it goes from Black Hawk to Estes Park. It was beautiful! The pictures don't even do it justice, the gold was so bright. My batteries died in my camera, uugh... so we didn't get very many. The kids did great thanks to the DVD player and the random, but brilliant kids who had set up a cookie and lemonade stand at a popular viewing spot. I love Fall. I love the feel of fall, you know that chill in the air, although our air hasn't had much of a chill over the past week. The food, everything pumpkin, Yummmm. And of course, the colors....

Do I look exactly the same in every picture, or what?

These two are such buddies, talk about monkey see, monkey do.
Macy was posing, so Keaton was too!

On the way to the mountains, we got caught in a motorbike ride of some sort. It was amazing the amount of bikes there were. This isn't a very good picture of it, but maybe you get the idea?
Happy Fall!!

9 comments:

Leif, Jacove, Zana, Noah & Ewan said...

Fun! I love fall too!!
I think all the bikers were for the Bike for Emily (i think that is her name) she was the girl killed at Platte Canyon High a couple of years ago. I know yesterday was the parade and bike thing. They start at Clement Park and go to the High School.

The Andersons said...

LoVe the pictures! It makes me so homesick... :( Oh, to be in the west where everything is the best! hee.. hee..Your kids are adorable! So big, or in Macy's case grown up.

Jamie said...

hey! This is jamie... spackman... tyler's cousin, anyway, I saw your blog on my sister's and thought I would say hi. We missed you at the family reunion. Well... Your kids are SO stinkin cute.

The McCulloughs said...

Those mountains look beautiful and make me miss the mountains up north! I love fall too, although our Fall here in St. G doesn't really start for a bit! I could eat pumpkin cookies all day long!! Your kids are getting big and Keaton looks so cute with all that hair!!

Christina said...

So beautiful! We did that up in the Sawtooth mountains recently and it was breathtaking, at least you had a camera though! I totally thought I had mine and I had left it at home! Guess I should've bought one of those disposables at the gas station?!

By the way, Keaton is a doll (well, so is Macy, but Keaton has really grown up!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my worst friend award.... I can't believe that I have seriously not looked at your blog in this long! I heart the mountains, and I am so happy that you guys live close to some really BIG ones, cause I hear Tyler kind of likes them too! What a great little roadtrip for you and your family. I always love your pics, your kids are getting so grown up. Time for another one??

Janelle said...

What great pictures! I love the one of Keaton and Macy holding hands. You guys are so good about getting out and seeing/doing things. We have lived her for 6 years and have never checked out the changing leaves.

Lisa said...

Hey Ashcrofts - long time no see. I found your blog and your kids are darling! How do you guys like CO?

karen★ said...

of course it's ok you found me! i love your pictures...i hope you don't mind if we copy you but i think that's what we'll do next weekend too. cute blog! *maybe we could buy heels together and then practice wearing them to the park!*