Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Fw: weekly update



This week has been a rather uneventful week. On Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning Jacque and I attended a viewing and funeral for a gentleman in our ward that passed away after a two year fight against brain cancer. He was 46 years old and has three kids that are teenagers. During past year I have been the family's home teacher, and have also taught all of the kids in either Sunday school or young men's. I really dislike funerals, as do most people, but it was a good reminder of precious the gift of life and family really are. On Thursday Macy was selected as the Teachers helper at preschool. Jacque and I are not exactly sure what that the means, but she was really excited. She brought home a list of her favorite things, which to our surprise included Chick-Fila chicken nuggets and waffles fries, kittens, and the colors white, green and yellow. On Friday my employer closed down the office at three o'clock for the extended weekend. Jacque and picked up some KFC and took the kids to the park for a picnic. Saturday Jacque and I decide to partially neglect our children for a day and take on a yard project. Since we moved into our home we have had a large flower bed in our front lawn that was edged with cinder blocks and filled with red bark. It was the type of white trash eye sore that decreased our property value and the property value of our neighbor's homes. Jacque and I removed the cinder blocks and red bark, reshaped a small portion of the bed, and prepared the remainder to plant grass. Saturday night Jacque and Macy went shopping while Keaton and I stayed home and watched football. On Labor day we attended our annual labor day ward party. Jacque watched the kids while I played volleyball. That evening we went to another barbeque at our neighbor's house. Over the course of the day I ate a hot dog, hamburger, steak and a few sausages just incase my arteries weren't already clogged.

Hope all is well

Tyler

No comments: