Saturday, September 8, 2007

Macy's Accident

So how many of you mothers out there have told your child to sit down in the shopping cart or else they are going to fall out on their head, and your child just looks at you like "yeah right" and keeps on standing. Well, last night Tyler was at a camp out with the scouts so the kids and I went to Toys R Us. I was pushing the cart into the store with Macy in the front (standing up) and where the pavement met the sidewalk was a tiny little lip and the cart halted and Macy went flying out, right onto her head. Let me just tell you, if you have never had one of these slow motion, I can't get there in time, I can totally see what is happening moments, it is awful!! So I am trying pick up me SCREAMING child and hold onto the cart that is rolling away with my baby in it while the wind is blowing about 20 mph. I pick up Macy and I swear her forehead was indented 1 inch. So I ask a random guy if (since he didn't offer) if he would push my cart in the store, which he does and quickly walks away (Thanks man!). I usually don't think if myself as dramatic, and I can usually keep my senses in these kinds of situations. Well, not this time, I was kinda freaking out. I tried to leave the store and Macy started crying harder because she wanted to go to the toy store. So anyways after trying to put some ice on it (nice try) I think she is fine and she got a special prize because I felt so bad about the huge goose egg on her forehead. I kept checking on her all night because I was afraid she wouldn't wake up or something. Here is a picture, you can't really see the bruise very well, her whole forehead is puffy. I'm sure it will get uglier as time goes on. So I don't think she will question me again when I tell her to sit down in the cart.

4 comments:

Callisters said...

Not fun! At least she stills looks like a darling princess!! Give us a call when you are in town and we will have to try and get the kids together.

Anonymous said...

AI am so sad for you!! The sound of a noggin hitting pavement is sickening. I hope Miss Macy is feeling allright. Olivia managed to walk out of an open window in our house when she was 18 months, landing on her head, I can still feel that panic, that you feel at that moment. Bradey, being a brain injury freak, ran her to the ER with me following closely behind, luckily she was fine, but I didn't sleep a wink that night because I, like you, had to check up on her every 10 minutes. I don't know what I would do if something really really bad ever happened to one of my kids. I honestly am considering 'boy in a bubble' suits!!

The McCulloughs said...

I hear ya sista! Why do our lives sound exactly the same? (maybe because our kids are the same age?) Taggart doesn't even think about sitting down in the back of the cart. One time he did the same thing at Walmart, but it wasn't very bad (he didn't land on his head... luckily) btw, he didn't learn his lesson, hopefully Macy will! Sometimes I wonder if we should just stay home until the kids are old enough to listen to me(is this ever?), but then I decide that I would go insane in my house that long! Hope that shiner gets better, she still looks like a beautiful princess!

Callister said...

Oh no! Poor Macy and poor mom! And there goes Keaton rolling away in his cart. What a frightening life experience. Can Nicklaus and I call you for comfort when that happens to us?