This is the only picture we got before our batteries died! Aaaargh!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Thanksgiving Weekend
Finally..... a new post. I just wasn't feeling the writing bug and honestly nothing really exciting or interesting had happened. Now that I have had a little vacation from the blog I am back and ready to go. We had a small little Thanksgiving dinner with our friends the Snapp-Cooks. I took on the task of baking rolls, my Grandma Allens recipe. I have done this for a few years, and every year I wonder why I don't practice these at times when the aren't so important to the success of the dinner. This year however, I must say, I was quite impressed with the outcome. Still not Grandma quality, (I need at least 30 more years for that) but my best year yet! After our nice dinner we banished the children to the basement so we could play the some Guitar Hero on the Wii. We also played an intense game of doubles tennis, in which there was almost a severe casualty involving my hand almost being BROKEN by Tyler's intense swinging. It's all good now though! Friday night we went to the "Lighting of Littleton". We love our cute little downtown, it was partly what drew us to this area. I made some killer Mexican hot cocoa, bundled all of us up, (oh, Keaton was in his one piece fleece suit, think Ralphie little brother on "The Christmas Story" he looked adorable) and packed up the wagon with kids and blankets and the entire family headed downtown. They have Santa come down Main St. and light the trees that line the street along the way. Macy made sure to yell to Santa as he went by that she wanted a "Disney Pwincess Cash Wegister!" She was a bit shy though when we actually went to say hello and told me as we walked away, "he was supposed to give me one of those toys on his sleigh." It really is going to be a long month for her.... We made a quick stop to see Santa's reindeer and then we were officially freezing, since it was about 20 degrees, and we made the trek home. Saturday, Macy and I had a girls day and went to see "Enchanted", it was a little long for her attention span but we had enough popcorn and licorice to keep her busy, man she can put that stuff away....... It was a great weekend, I am so thankful for our happy life..... Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oohh, I've been wondering what you guys would do for Thanksgiving. I'm so happy that you had good friends to spend the holidays with... I love the picture too, you are the cutest darn little family. I, too, love love love small town christmas celebrations, and I'm afraid that they are becoming extinct, kinda like small town shopping, which I also love. We went to see Enchanted too, what a great movie. Now I know how to put away the popcorn, it is a sight to behold! I'm so proud of you and your rolls from scratch, you are making Bernice proud!! Thanks for the new post, I really missed you, and thanks for the sweet e-mail, it made me smile and brightened my day a little :)
Your town sounds so quaint. I love stuff like that. Cute family picture!
Your Thanksgiving was one to remember! What sweet experiences you had as a family! What fun you are having in Littleton. I, too, love small town things (probably because we came from a small town)...unfortunately, my hubby is from the big town of Chicago and he is SOOO not into small towns (he is counting down the days until we can move out of Utah). And the picture of you all was priceless! I am so glad that you are happy and enjoying your sweet family and life. Aren't we lucky?
Sounds like you had a fun holiday. Aren't you little miss Martha Stewart. Good for you! I have been too busy to blog since recovering from having my fam here and trying to clean up and decorate for Christmas, but i will have a new post soon! Aren't the holidays so much fun with kids? Taggart is afraid of Santa. I don't think he will even sit on his lap again this year! Have a great day!
Post a Comment