Thursday, October 18, 2007

Money, Money, Money!

So this may be a dumb thing to write about, but it has been on my mind lately and since this is my journal you all get to hear about it. Christmas is coming, and like every other year I am trying to start my shopping now, but I'm sure like every other year I will still be crazy shopping 3 days before. I'm stuck on what to get for Macy, she is an odd little girl when it comes to toys. I say that in the most loving way, I call her a collector, Tyler calls her a hoarder. Let me explain, she has lots of toys but until recently her favorite and almost only toys she played with were her stuffed animals, kitties mostly, she has 4 kitties, Milo, Yellow kitty, Pedro (Tyler helped with that one), and Whiskers. That was great although Tyler and I never knew kids really PLAYED with stuffed animals. Well now she has moved on to small random things, like bouncy balls, not just one but 4 (a little collection). She also has some little jewels and pirate treasure that are rapidly disappearing to that place that all the missing toys go never to be seen again. The real favorite is the MONEY, not pretend money, Coins: pennies, quarters, dimes and nickles. She loves it she sorts them out into piles and puts them in random containers and baskets. (we have had the "Keep them away from Keaton" talk a hundred times) She takes handfuls with her in the car to keep her entertained. Sometimes I have to let her put it under her pillow during her nap. (sometimes you do whatever it takes.) I am sure it is a phase and she will move onto something else to collect, but maybe we will have to get her a money sorter for Christmas (wow, see how writing this just solved my problem. ha, ha).

4 comments:

Callisters said...

Jacque- That is so funny. When I was little I saved everything as well. When I was around two I had to sleep with the big diaper boxes, sears catologs, and those big plastic letter blocks. I also would get really attached to soda pop cans, how weird! Well good luck with finding something for her. I am too at a loss at knowing what I should get my boys. Wait until you have two of the same sex, what do you get when you have everything! I am dreading Christmas shopping (last year I was completely done by this point) for that very reason of not knowing what to get. Also what do you get for little girls, any hints?

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh! Macy seems like such a character. My kids always fall in love with the most random things as well, soo not normal! They would be just as happy with the plastic army guys and farm assortment animals, that you buy for a buck, than the ridiculously expensive PBkids kitchen that Santa just HAD to bring last year... Maybe this year we, and Santa will wisen up, and the girls will have their best Christmas ever for around 30 bucks :) The money hoarding will possibly someday pay off, she may be prepping early for a promising future on wall street!! Ohh Macy

The Wells Family said...

So true! Why do we spend countless hours and money getting stuff for our kids when they would totally much rather have a box, toothbrush, or daddy's deodorant? I am trying to be very careful with what a do for Christmas...and besides they have grandparents that spoil too! There is only so much a child needs. :) I say...YEAH for a money sorter!

The McCulloughs said...

Tag loves money too. At first he loved change because he knows that it buys him rides at the store, but he loves to play with it in the ridges on my coffee table... random.. I don't understand it either. It is so hard to try and decide what they will really like. I have no clue what we are doing for Tag's b-day and Christmas (Don't we just love those Dec. birthdays????) Cam wants to buy Tag a little four wheeler, but I think he is a little young. Maybe I will just go to the dollar store and buys hundreds of random things, it would probably make him just as happy!! I wish I knew what would make the kids so happy because I spend a small fortune trying to figure it out (not to mention the millions of discarded toys in my house!!) When are you guys coming to Utah for Christmas?? Let me know!! Take Care and good luck Santa!