Sunday, October 21, 2007

weekly update revisited

Its been a few weeks since I have posted a weekly update. Most people find what I do at work very boring but I will give a brief update anyway. We are trying to get West Tavaputs Plateau Draft Environmental Impact Statement out to print this week, which means I have been extremely busy at work during the last month. This week the document will go to the BLM Field, State, and Washington Offices as well as to the solicitors for review. The next step will be release of the Draft for a 90 public comment period. Based upon the sensitivity of the area we are working in, we are sure that the document we are writing will be appealed, which means we have to produce a really high quality document. I have been under a lot of stress, which has probably transferred home on occasion.
This weekend was extremely eventful. On Saturday morning we had family pictures taken. As expected, Keaton spit up all over himself on the way there. Jacque wasn't happy because I forgot to put on a bib. When we got to Hudson Gardens Jacque was even less happy because she noticed that I had forgot Keaton's shoes. So if our child has bare feet in our Christmas cards don't think it is because he is abused or neglected. After pictures the family joined the rest of the Denver Metro area to get free flu shots. I spent the rest of the afternoon winterizing our house in preparation for the seasons first snow storm.
On Saturday evening Jacque and I went to a couples only Halloween theme party "Ghosts of your high school past." Jacque was was proud of herself, and rightfully so, for fitting into her Bear River High School cheer uniform. Unfortunately my high school memorabilia is packed within boxes at the Dee Ashcroft home in Utah so I was forced to wear a mediocre soccer uniform. One of the highlights of evening was Jacques performance in the "Singing Bee" contest. She placed second, losing only to a man dressed as a prom queen that happened to know the Spice Girls better than she did. My favorite part of the evening was near the end of the party when Jacque, drunk of little more than high school nostalgia, broke out a solo performance of Bear River High School cheerleaders 1995 half-time performance to "Everybody Dance Now" without missing a beat.
On Sunday morning we woke up to four inches of snow on the ground in Denver. The day before it had been 75 degrees. We got a late start on the morning so we decided to skip church meetings for the day which turned out to be a really good decision. After cooking a nice breakfast Jacque climbed in bed with Keaton at around 9:30 and didn't wake up until around noon. After lunch Macy and Jacque went out to play in the snow, then Macy and I enjoyed a 2 hour nap together. When Macy and I woke up we went out in the snow again to build a snow man while Jacque made dinner. After a nice Sunday dinner, the family decorated Halloween sugar cookies together before we sent the kids to bed.
This week weekend we also received word that our car has been recovered. We are not sure what condition the vehicle is in. Not to be pessimistic, but I had just figured out the public transit system and we were getting used to being a one car family. When our car was recovered the police elected to have it towed to an impoundment lot north of Denver. The cost of recovering the vehicle is 200 dollars plus an additional 20 dollars for each day that the car sits in the lot. We would have gone to pick up the vehicle already but apparently you are not allowed to retrieve your stolen vehicle without proof of registration. Since our registration was inside of our stolen vehicle, we have to go to County recorder, which is closed on the weekends, and get a new vehicle registration card, so we can go get our vehicle, which we are not sure is drivable.
In other big news, Keaton turned six months old on Friday. Today he started crawling backwards, which means that he will soon be moving forward. He is very excited to be mobile. When we sit him down he immediately moves from his bottom to his knees. In the past few days we have got just a small glimpse of what it may be like when Keaton is mobile. This week it seems as though he wants everything that Macy has and Macy want everything that he has. We are looking forward to some sibling fighting.
Finally, right now I am watching Boston dismantle Cleveland in the ALCS. Like the most of Colorado, I have jumped on the Rockies band wagon and will probably try to get tickets to the world series tomorrow. Colorado's playoff run has been historical, and I think it would be simply amazing to watch a Boston vs. Colorado game in the World Series. During the regular season you can buy Rockpile tickets (centerfield upper deck) for 4 dollars. Those same seats are starting at 65 dollars for the world series.
Hope everyone is doing well,
Love,
Tyler

5 comments:

The McCulloughs said...

OOO Jacque.. aren't family pics the greatest! I am glad (sorry) to hear that my baby is not the only one barfing. This would be exactly what would happen if we got our pics now! No shoes.. no prob... babies have such cute feet anyway! Can't wait to see the picture. I am dreading family pictures with the four of us because Taggart is hard enough at smiling at the camera and holding still, it should be extra fun with another kid. Macy seems like such a little poser, so I am sure you had no problem. What a wonderful Sunday... I was reading it and dreaming of a cozy winter day. I don't really miss the snow, but I did get very nostalgic reading Tyler's post. I can't believe that they found your car... wow your life is so exciting.. j/k! That really sucks to be victims of a crime.. hopefully your car isn't too stripped.. good luck and I hope you have another good week!

The Ashcroft's said...

I hope everyone who reads this realizes how exagerated the Halloween party story is. Come on, our routine wasn't even to the song "Everybody Dance Now".

Callister said...

What an eventful week for you folks! I hope to see your Christmas cards with Keaton shoeless. That is funny! And I would've loved to have seen Jacque performing cheerleading routines, even if it wasn't to "Everybody Dance Now." It was probably to "Jump Around" or "Eye of the Tiger."

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a weekend. Way to go representing the BRHS Cheerleaders, and fitting into your old uniform.. You ROCK, I'd be lucky to squeeze A thigh into my old skirt :) Family Pictures are up there with my top 10 WORST things. Everything always seems to unravel for us right about the time the dude gets us posed, and Bradey has about 5 minutes worth of patience when it comes to things like that so we usually end up being the couple in a huge fight in front of the camera, captured there on film for all of our posterity. What in the world?? 200 bucks plus just to get back your car that was STOLEN?? Something is wrong with the system. You have to post and let us know how stripped your car was...

The Wells Family said...

You inspired me! I have a costume party this weekend (Girls Night) and I HATE wearing costumes! Now, I am SOOO not the cheerleader type, but it seemed more normal than other things I could dress up as. I took a trip home and found all of my sisters cheerleading getup and they FIT! Yes, I will be a "wannabe" BRHS cheerleader for the party!
I can't wait to see your family pics (better post em'). I am sure you are going to have too many to choose from. And...I totally understand about the baby puking thing. Bobby was like that until he was almost one! I HATED it! He always seemed to do it right when he got in his carseat before church. Nice. He always had to have a bib on or a burp rag under his chin. Funny thing? Now he uses a birp rag for his comfort tool. Strange, I know.